Default Free range Egg dump

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:33:20 -0500, "Miller" > wrote:

>It just blows my mind how hot certain people get over this particular issue.
>
>Scott

Over which particular issue? If you mean cage free eggs
in particular, think about this situation: There are four hens
in a cage that is so low they can't flap their wings. They don't
have much room to move around at all. They are on wire
mesh, so they can't scratch or take a dust bath. If you were
in such a position you might think it was overly restrictive. I
think it is. Let's go on with it a bit to something I never see
the "ARAs" point out, but it's a huge factor to me: sometimes
one or more of the hens will single out and beat on another
hen. Sometimes the abused hen will pull her head out of the
corner, and head toward another part of the cage...one of
the abusers will beat on her and send her another direction
....another abuser will beat on her over there...she will try to
get away from them but can't, so will eventually burry her
head in a corner again to keep it from getting beaten on.
Every time she pulls her head out she gets beaten on, and
she lives in fear all of the time. If you just don't care about
things like that, then that's just the type of person you are
and you're not likely to ever understand why any people
would consider it significant.
Do you think there are any animal related situations
that people should get hot about? If so, which ones?