lostcherree

Default British Airways Vegan meals

> The people on the airlines probably thought eggs and milk were vegan
> because they probably don't understand the difference between vegan
> and vegetarian. And a lot of people think that vegetarians don't mind
> if something contains "just a little" meat, like say, cooking
> vegetables in bacon grease, or adding chicken broth to vegetable soup,
> or serving yogurt with gelatin.
>
> You can't change the world but the way to deal with it next time is
> probably to pack your own meals and take them with you. That way, if
> they serve you something palatable, fine. If it turns out not being
> something you can eat, you have something ready to eat instead.
>
> -Rubystars

I don't want to change the world (insert billy bragg lyric here)

since I'm not vegan anymore, I ate it anyways, but it's just silly how you
can request a vegan meal and they will only give you one vegan meal out of
two. Then mess it up entirely on the returning flight. I just wanted to see
if that happened to other people as well. It's kind of a bigger inconvience
to have the option of a vegan meal, have an expectation, and then them not
coming through...

I will say the first meal I had, the cous cous, was mighty tasty though

heather