Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cindi - HappyMamatoThree Cindi - HappyMamatoThree is offline

Default Annual weather rant

"Puester" > wrote in message
> It's April 10. Spring flowers are in bloom. The lupine, iris and day
> lilies are about 6 inches tall.
>
> The flowering and fruit trees are in bloom (You can see where this is
> going, can't you?) including our two mature apricot trees. Leaves are
> emerging from buds on shade trees.

We are still enjoying the 70s weather with a nice breeze blowing. The
flowers around the trellis are exploding with blooms this year. I have no
clue what they are since they were planted by the owners before us but they
are very pretty.

Our garden is all in the ground, we did that last weekend. One of our tomato
plants has decided to bloom already. We haven't really had much of a winter
this year (though winter here means rainy season with 30s and 40s weather).
Our apricots are already in fruit. The pomegranate tree is in bloom too. I
guess there are things to be said about living in this part of California.

I do hope that your apricots don't all take a header with the new snow. I
could always over you some of ours if I can steal them from the birds, but
they probably wouldn't handled being shipped very well.

Cindi