Posted to rec.food.cooking
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Annual weather rant

Puester wrote:
> It's April 10. Spring flowers are in bloom. The lupine, iris and day
> lilies are about 6 inches tall.
>
> The flowering and fruit trees are in bloom (You can see where this is
> going, can't you?) including our two mature apricot trees. Leaves are
> emerging from buds on shade trees.
>
> We had many days in the low 70's in March.
>
> Today it is 30 degrees and SNOWING, with 6-8 inches forecast.
>
> Here we go, another year w/o home-grown apricots.
>
> I can't decide if it's fools not learning from former errors or hope
> springing eternal, but over the weekend we planted two cherry trees and
> another apricot (we hope it's a later-blooming one.)
>
> ;-(
> gloria p

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I had to turn the air conditioning on yesterday.
Inside temperatures rose to 81F in the late afternoon and it was 85F
outside. Today the unit hasn't run at all, overcast with a stiff wind
blowing. Here in SW Louisiana you don't like the weather, wait five
minutes and it will change.

OB: Took SIL to Richard's (Reechard's) cafe for lunch. He had the
catfish platter, I had crawfish etouffee on white rice with a small bowl
of potato salad and another of nice slaw.

George