Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default 2002 Denis Mortet Gevrey Chambertain "Au Velle"

I opened a bottle of 2002 Denis Mortet Gevrey Chambertain "Au Velle"
last night with chicken roasted with a sauce of black trumpet
mushrooms and spring peas. The wine was dark burgundy red and medium
bodied in the glass. The nose showed a bit of asian spice, black
cherries and damp earthy notes. There was a tart, rustic, tannic note
on the palate which was dominated by sour cherry and raspberry
finsihing with a bit of vanilla and mineral. I thought that the wine
was either years from being ready to drink or it was shut down. I can
smell and taste the right things but they didn't seem to be in balance
and the wine was quite rustic and rough with a predominant acidity. "C
+/B-"