Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Can Kraft Easy Cheese Be Packed In Checked Baggage?

Sky wrote:
> Flying Higher wrote:
>>
>> My nephew is going on an exchange program in Taiwan and they want him
>> to bring
>> some uniquely American food. See's candy is one item, but my nephew
>> wants to take some of those spray cans of cheese. I can't figure out
>> if
>> it's acceptable under TSA rules for checked luggage. It's non-
>> flammable,
>> but the TSA has aerosol's listed under "flammable items." Do they
>> mean

> It'd be much better if you checked with the proper governmental
> agencies instead of relying on word-of-mouth from folks on RFC or any
> other newsgroup! What you ask is akin to getting legal advice by
> people who are not attorneys! If I were in the same boat, I'd
> contact the local librarian to ask which governmental agencies to
> inquire. Just my $0.02-worth.
>
> Sky

Exactly. The airline will know what they'll accept and what they won't.
They may well still search the checked baggage when it goes through x-ray if
they can't identify what something is, but I doubt seriously they'd
confiscate canned cheese. OTOH, customs at the other end might seize it.
<shrugs>

Jill