Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected][_2_] nailshooter41@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default first smoke on char-griller duo

On Mar 30, 8:37 am, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:

> Here's something to try in your recipe: Smoked (Spanish) Paprika. I have
> seen smoked Paprika sold both with and without the "Spanish" designation. It
> adds a dimension of smoke flavor to rubs and sauces, and in my opinion,
> where a recipe calls for "liquid smoke", tastes much better and more natural.

I was visiting in Houston about a month ago, and went to Penzeys's
where they have the sample spices in large jars for you to take a
whiff. The smoke Spanish and Hungarian paprikas they had there were
beyond description they smelled so good. Nothing like the stuff in
the bottles I had that made me not like smoked paprika.

Marty, here's something to try. Next time you put a butt on, get a
couple of handfuls of jalapenos, core them, remove the ribs and the
seeds if you don't want too much heat. Smoke them with your butt
until they are almost crispy. Give them a good grind, and put that in
a shaker.

It is good for everything from baked potatoes, popcorn to soup. The
japs really take the smoke well.

Robert

Chilpotle powder, being dried and smoked jalapeno, will also give