Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default (2008-03-29) New survey on the RFC site: Expensive dining?

Brawny wrote:

> Any restaurant that has linen for lunch or breakfast is my kind of
> restaurant!

Not me. NYC Chinese restuarants typically have a lunch menu and a
dinner menu, both essentially the same except the lunch menu prices
are like 30 pct less and don't include dessert... only real difference
is no linen table cloth with lunch... and the lunch menu lasts until
like from 11 AM to 3-4 PM. And quite a few different restuarants also
have different priced menus for lunch and dinner, typical at the Greek
diners, and in Brooklyn a Greek diner serves a fabulous menu,
wonderful food, an immense selection (menu is like fifteen pages and
weighs 5 pounds), and modest prices... as far as I'm concerned better
food than at any five star restaurant on the planet.... if you really
want to eat and great food, don't mind the hustle and bustle, constant
noisy clatter, and crowded, there is nothing better.. and desserts to
die for - a huge slab of nesselrode pie, heaven.