Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default (2008-03-29) New survey on the RFC site: Expensive dining?

<sf> wrote

>>> I think your room was the prettiest.

>>Me, too. The metal ball chain window treatment had me
>>fascinated. I'm easily amused. Of course the pool is lovely.
>>

> Tell me more about that pool.... I'm assuming it's the center square
> with lighting. Were you seated next to it?

No, being a party of 6, we were off to one side. Most of the
tables seemed to be for parties of 2 or 4. I just remember the pool
as a nice white presence. Understand, this was a very long time ago.

> What would you say the
> ceiling height is? 20 feet?

Easily. Two office building stories high, at least.

> I love those tall windows, the trees and
> that pool. I counted the seats and that room holds a lot of people,
> but it doesn't seem like it. Very nice.

You don't feel as if you're in a large room, perhaps because of the
ceilings and the lighting. I wonder how many movie scenes have
been shot there.

They have fabulous artwork, too, including a Picasso. It really
is a place to see, but bring money. Heh.

nancy