Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Mark Filice Mark Filice is offline

Default When did you start?

In article >, bbq says...

>LOL. You were using a chimney starter in the 60's? I never heard of
>them, nor saw any in the outdoors section of stores. It was AFB, where
>I learned about them, lump instead of Kingsford and lots of other things.

My dad made his chimney starter back in the 60s by taking a 2 lb coffee can and
punching several holes in the bottom of it with the can opener. He would point
the tips downward to allow for more air. He was a pretty inventive guy. I used
to think that everyone lit their charcoal that way.

I have one of them that I made in my travel trailer for use with my tabletop
Weber when we are RVing.

Mark