Karl Sigerist Sr©

Default Bretzels

I like to bake bretzels with "Lauge" that special ingredient that gives
the bretzel that beautiful brown colour.
(after long searching I found that one get a real lauge when one
boils 2 tbsp. of "baking Soda in 1 liter of water for about 10 minutes
then the water is ready; dump the bretzels in it for 10 sec. put on the
baking sheet and let rise about 2- 30 min, then bake about 20 minutes
at 350-325.

But for my life I cannot find the right flour, I use Rogers all purpose
white flour, the bretzels look like the originals from Schwaben but do not
taste the same by far. they taste like they are made with sweet cookie
dough.
Has anyone an idea which flour I should use to get the real BRETZELS
taste
thanks in advance
---
KarlSr©