Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dick Adams[_4_] Dick Adams[_4_] is offline

Default A Good Sourdough Day - Take 4

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message g.com...

> I went for a real sour tasting loaf and grew my starter up over 48 hours
> with 12 hour feeds. It worked well.

Oh, sure, everything you try works well. Well, not so good for me. There
always seems to be a least one defect.

http://mysite.verizon.net/dickya/SiameseSDLoaves.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/dickya/Siamese_cut.jpg

BTW, I was never able to make a decent loaf with a soured starter. Seems
to me that starters need to be active, and by the time they are sour, they are
settled-down and pooped-out. My loaves are pretty doggoned sour from
being allowed to rise for a quite long time. For the loaves linked above,
the rise time was about 12 hours with several reformings during the first three
hours.

But, heck, I guess that nOObies with a lot of dumb luck can get away with
a lot of stuff that would not ever work for me.

--
Dicky