Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Stacey Stacey is offline

Default A Good Sourdough Day - Take 4

> Nice. *I make a loaf in that shape for hot dog buns, 'Canadian East
> Coast style'. *The bread gets sliced, but only every second slice goes
> all the way through, the middle slice stops short of the bottom crust to
> make the hot dog pocket.

Now that sounds tasty. Have been thinking of a gourmet version of
pigs in a blanket- maybe with bratwurst and a little cheese wrapped in
with it...

> All your rising was done on the counter with the 3 hour one I would
> guess. *Made it airy by the looks of it.

Yep, you got it- three hours in an 80 degree (or so) room, then into a
cold oven. I thought it might rise more when I put it in to bake,
didn't get much change at all.

I'm doing rolls today, for tomorrow's dinner- and maybe a loaf or two
if I get ambitious later tonight.

Stacey