Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Can Sparkling Wine From The U.S. Be Called Champagne?

Bi!! wrote on Thu, 20 Mar 2008 08:37:44 -0700 (PDT):

??>> I will have to search libraries for her books since of the
??>> two relevant ones available on Amazon, one is out of my
??>> range at $202 and the other is unavailable. Thanks.
??>>
??>> --
??>> Jim Silverton
??>> Potomac, Maryland- Hide quoted text -
??>>

B> This is a little more in depth.

B> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinfandel

A Google Scholar search on Carole Meredith produced some
interesting summaries and I will have to see if I can look at
the full papers at a local university library when I have time.
I will have to refresh my memory as to things like allele etc.
Even my copy of Stryer's Biochemistry seems a bit sketchy there
as to mechanisms.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: