Posted to uk.business.agriculture,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening,uk.current-events.bird-flu
Oz Oz is offline

Default Eat less meat

Dave J. > writes
>Meat is (I believe) an inefficient use of resources in the production of
>food. It also has a vast (and compared to decaying plant matter unavoidable)
>amount of methane as a byproduct.

That depends. If you are talking about most of upland britain, its
impossible to grow arable crops there so the ONLY resource is grazing by
livestock. In this case of course its NOT an inefficient use of
resources.

Also to note that all decaying plant matter emits methane, remember the
fuss when they recently discovered vast amounts were being emitted by
topsoils worldwide.

--
Oz