Posted to alt.food.wine
Salil Salil is offline

Default TN: Mosel Kab and St Julien

On Mar 17, 9:07 pm, DaleW > wrote:
> Betsy visited a friend's new home on the way home from matinee, by
> time she arrived at our house I had the appetizer ready, some shrimp
> cocktail. With was the 2002 Carl Loewen "Leiwener Klostergarten"
> Riesling Kabinett I had opened previous night. Light and ready Mosel,
> flavors of lime and quince jam, with a little gingery edge. On the
> sweeter side of Kabinett, but not at all heavy. Not a producer who
> seems to get much buzz, but I've been pleased with the ones I've
> tried. B+

Can't comment on the St. Julien, as I have minimal experience with
wines from there. But I've had some of Loewen's stuff before, and love
the value for money you get with him. Slightly sweet (as I've found to
be the case with a few of the more unknown producers on Terry Theise's
lineup), but really fun wines to have with food.
Check out his 05 Klostegarten Kabinett if you see it around btw - had
it for $12 recently and loved it.

Cheers,

Salil