Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Breakfast Frittata

breakfast to make, with fuzzy head (should have gone earlier to bed!)

I'm grating potatoes, I'm grating cheese,
I'm beating eggs - frittata, please!

I'll bake the bacon,
I'll top all with cheese
(can you say 'Havarti, please?)

Pinches of pepper,
pinches of salt
Diced bell pepper
too bad there's no schmaltz!

Sorry, I'm in a Dr. Seuss sort of mood

I'm grating potatoes so I can form the basis for a frittata of sorts. Could
also be called a breakfast casserole, I suppose.

There's no cast iron skillet here (too bad) but there is a small 4-inch deep
porcelainized iron pan (Descoware, made in Belgium, flame orange) which
looks and acts remarkably like pricey Le Crueset and should do the trick
just fine.

I'm baking the bacon and there will be bacon fat! I'll be placing the
grated potatoes in the bacon-fat greased pan (sorry, no schmaltz, but it
sort of rhymed) and browning them well on the bottom along with minced onion
and a little minced bell pepper. Add-ins to 6 beaten eggs will be salt &
pepper, of course, the crumbled bacon, leftover chopped asparagus and a bit
of chopped parsley. I'll cook this on the stovetop until the eggs are
*almost* set, then top with grated Havarti and pop it under the broiler for
a few minutes to melt the cheese and finish it off.

Jill
--
Being a cat means never having to say thank you.