Rat & Swan

Default Karen Winter, the Rush Limbaugh of t.p.a./a.a.e.v.

Bill wrote:

> Rat & Swan wrote:

<snip>

>> But I believe that their deaths are a result of and part of the same
>> mindset which is legitimized by the raising of livestock for food
>> and other products.

> You are colossally wrong. They are the result of your truck with
> animal-killing farmers.

So after I die, there will be no more CDs, I assume....
CDs are all _personally_ my fault, have no basis in social
norms at all. My goodness, I had no idea I had such power....
<sarcasm>

Doesn't this contradict your claim my personal actions are merely
an ineffectual gesture?

>> I believe the system has to be attacked at
>> its source -- the philosophical view of the nature of animals'
>> rights.

> And your abstinence from meat does this...exactly how?

It has no effect on the philosophical attitudes of society
in and of itself -- except for my influence on a few
specific individuals I know personally. It has had some
limited effect there, as in my changing the policies of
one parish toward veal.

<snip>

>>> just AR as it is preached on usenet. Besides, animals have no rights.

>> Which is the philosophical position AR opposes.

> You've lost.

Empty words, Jonnie, empty words. You won't even discuss
your philosophical position. There's a big world out there,
full of AR supporters and vegetarians/vegans. You can't make us
disappear by typing at us....

I do believe we are making some progress -- limited and glacial,
but some progress. Things change slowly, but they do change.

I can't figure out why my being vegan annoys you so much. Would
you stop attacking me personally if I began eating meat again?
Wouldn't that make me even more of a hypocrite, given my
views (from your point of view)?

Rat
<snip>