Purple

Default Karen Winter, the Rush Limbaugh of t.p.a./a.a.e.v.

"rick etter" > wrote in message >...
> "Purple" > wrote in message
> om...
> > My dictionary defines hypocrisy as "the assumption or postulation
> > of moral standards to which one's own behaviour does not conform.
> > I find her distinctions between the injustices caused in commercial
> > crop agriculture and those casued in animal agriculture somewhat
> > contrived but I have seen no evidence that she fails to conform
> > to her own moral standards.

> ==================
> She claims not to cause unnecessary animal death and suffering. Of course,
> she defines that as only meat animals.
> She does nothing to alleviate the massive numbers she contributes to for her
> selishness, conveninece, and entertainment.
> throws a great big monkey wrench into her sanctimonious hypocrisy.

AIUI Karen's moral code is not ruled by the utilitarian principle, you
appear to be invoking. It reads more like a set of rules. Thou shalt
not
eat meat from animals, which were killed by man seems to be part of
her
moral code. Thou shalt not eat vegetables which have been sprayed with
pesticides doesn't.

Personally
I don't see what difference it makes whether or not the action which
causes death and suffering is targetted at a specific victim or not,
as long as the consequences of the action are known in advance, so
enjoy
your steaks from grass reared cattle. I'm sure my diet includes worse
items.
Purely out of curiousity are you opposed to AW or just AR?