Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.current-events.bird-flu
Jeßus[_5_] Jeßus[_5_] is offline

Default Eat less meat

Osvald Hotz De Baar wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:36:18 +1100, Jeßus >
> wrote:
>
>> ( _ /) wrote:
>>> Eat less meat

>> Why avoid the REAL problem?
>> You should be campaigning to stop people breeding like rats.
>> But of course, no one wants to touch that one with a barge pole...

> You are of course right. The UK is currently experiencing a free for
> all when it comes to immigration. Not just for jobs, these people are
> staying here and breeding in huge numbers.
>
> Whilst on paper (after they have cooked the books) it would seem we
> have the same amount of people as we always had, give or take, but in
> reality almost everyone in the UK is starting to feel a foreigner in
> their own country. Sadly it's probably too late to change anything
> now, our society has been watered down to obscurity already.

Well, immigration is really a separate issue to overpopulation, which is
*the* #1 problem regardless of where they might be.

We could become 1000 times more efficient in food production overnight,
give *everyone* as much food as they need - all that will happen is an
even faster increase in population growth. Humans will breed to whatever
the breaking point is in their region.

> In the meantime Eat less meat

Probably particularly relevant to Westerners, but yes - 'we' tend to eat
too much meat, irrespective of personal views on whether to be Vegan or not.

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg