Derek

Default Unethical Jonathan will never stop lying

"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message k.net...
> Dreck lied about my logic.

Here's the complete thread which proves you're the
hypocrite as described in your opening post to this
thread when you wrote;
"People who advocate that everyone adopt a moral
standard that the advocates themselves don't follow
are hypocrites, and bad people."

Because you earlier wrote;

"According to my logic, if you knowingly continue
to buy chocolate - we know YOU do, you fat
lard-ass - then YOU do not respect the rights of
the children. It doesn't prove they don't have any;
it proves YOU don't believe they do."
Jonathan Ball Date: 2003-07-29

and then soon after;

"I don't buy chocolate, and when I did, I wasn't
supporting slavery."
Jonathan Ball 2003-08-06

[start]
From: Derek )
Subject: Child slavery and chocolate.
Newsgroups: talk.politics.animals, alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Date: 2003-07-29 10:47:08 PST

"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message arthlink.net...

> >>You are wrong. There is no slave labor, and naturally
> >>I wouldn't support it if there were.

> > There IS plenty of evidence proving it, but you
> > prefer to just snip it away and pretend it doesn't
> > exist. You're a liar living in denial.

> Nope. This is new stuff you're posting, too; you
> haven't posted this bit of crapola before.

Irrelevant. It proves slave labour exists, and that
it is prevalent in the chocolate industry you support.

> > [WASHINGTON -- The chocolate industry will
> > announce Monday that it has accepted responsibility
> > for labor practices on cocoa farms and will work
> > with child labor experts, lawmakers, growers and
> > unions to eliminate child slavery and other forms of
> > exploitation.

> That doesn't prove the existence of slavery.

Yes, it does, and the chocolate industry has
announced that it accepts responsibility for
it too.

> > The action plan comes just months after industry
> > insiders said they did not know that cocoa farmers
> > were enslaving children in Ivory Coast, a West
> > African nation that supplies 43 percent of U.S.
> > cocoa, the raw ingredient of chocolate. A Knight
> > Ridder investigation published in June found that
> > some boys as young as 11 were sold or tricked
> > into slavery to harvest cocoa beans in Ivory Coast.]
> > http://www.vanilla.com/html/aware-1001slavery.html

> This is over 2 years old. No matter its degree of rot
> due to age, there is no substantiation of any charge of
> slavery.

"A Knight Ridder investigation published in June found
that some boys as young as 11 were sold or tricked
into slavery to harvest cocoa beans in Ivory Coast."

> >>But there isn't.

> > There is, and you support it.

> There isn't, and you couldn't possibly hope to
> substantiate it.

I already have.

> > [The Ivory Coast grows more than 40 per cent of
> > the world's cocoa beans. Some experts say 10 per
> > cent of those beans are picked by child slaves. Labour
> > organizations say most of the slaves are boys between
> > 10 and 17.
> >
> > The U.S. State Department's 2000 Human Rights
> > Report estimates that 15,000 child slaves work on
> > cocoa, cotton, and coffee farms in Ivory Coast.]

> No citatation of source. How conVEEEEEEEEnient.

** I did give the citation.
http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2002/03/28...slavery_020327

> Here's what the U.S. Department of State Human Rights
> report for 2000, covering Ivory Coast, actually says:
>
> In August the Governments of Cote d'Ivoire and Mali
> signed the Bouake agreement, which recognized the
> need to be more active in repatriating Malian
> children from Cote d'Ivoire. It is estimated that
> some 15,000 Malian children work on Ivoirian cocoa
> and coffee plantations.

COFFEE? I'm talking about chocolate, you lying
fool.

> > http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2002/03/28...slavery_020327

** See, liar?

> > [On Oct. 1, the U.S. Chocolate Manufacturers
> > Association, the World Cocoa Foundation, and
> > Hershey, M&M Mars, Nestle and World's Finest
> > Chocolate signed an agreement acknowledging
> > and taking responsibility for reports of child slavery
> > and exploitation on cocoa farms in Ivory Coast,
> > West Africa. That area provides 40 percent of the
> > cocoa used by U.S. companies, and in 2000 the
> > State Department reported that 15,000 child slaves
> > work there on cocoa, coffee and cotton farms.]
> > http://www.thelutheran.org/0112/page10d.html

> No, that's not what the State Department reported at
> all.

It certainly did.

> You, and these shrill activists, lied.

No. You're the one doing all the lying and denying
your support for child slave labour.

> The claim of slavery is debunked.

It's a proven fact.

> > and there's no use you denying that you
> > support this slavery every time you buy chocolate.

> I don't buy chocolate, and when I did, I wasn't
> supporting slavery.

You do buy chocolate, and you do support
the slavery that goes with it.

> > That being so, according to your logic, those
> > black kids don't have any rights and aren't even
> > deserving of them.

> False. You have the wrong every time.
>
> According to my logic, if you knowingly continue to buy
> chocolate - we know YOU do, you fat lard-ass - then YOU
> do not respect the rights of the children. It doesn't
> prove they don't have any; it proves YOU don't believe
> they do.

Whether you or I eat the stuff is irrelevant. What
is relevant is your claim that those kids aren't
seen as rights bearers by people who do buy
chocolate from them. It's an absurd claim which
you can't substantiate.
[end]

When will you ever stop lying, Jonathan?