Rat & Swan

Default Karen Winter, the Rush Limbaugh of t.p.a./a.a.e.v.

The amusing -- if frustrating -- thing about Antis's constant
ignoring of social issues in favor of personal attack is that I
am honest, I do not claim any particular moral superiority, I
am not self-righteous, I do not attack non-vegetarians personally.
I follow the rules of civilized discussion and present ideas for
consideration. In return all I get is personal attack, false
claims about my opinions, and invective. I can only conclude
that Jonnie/Bill is too afraid to deal with what I write, and
must set up a vast smokescreen to evade the real issues.

All the unjust treatment of animals in our society is a result
of the lack of consideration of animals' rights and animals'
intrinsic worth which comes from our seeing animals as things,
as products, to be bought and sold. Everything else, including
CDs, comes from that system. I believe the system is immoral,
and should be abolished. You don't. Why not discuss that,
instead of providing nothing except personal attack?

Even if I began eating meat (which I would not), I would still
believe the systm which produces meat is immoral. Your only
answer is to kill the messenger, not read the message.

Re Rush Limbaugh: are you saying Rush was wrong in his views on
drug users? Should those who agree with him stop agreeing
with him because his personal actions do not reflect his
social views? Conservatives have been saying Rush is right,
but shouldn't be punished because they like him personally.
Liberals have been more concerned with whether Rush's social
views are correct or not. IOW, conservatives see nothing but
personalities, while liberals are concerned with issues,
social policy, ideas. It's a difference we see here as well
between vegetarians/ARists/vegans as opposed to those who
dislike them. Antis attack people; AR/vegans deal with ideas.

Rat

<snip>