MareCat

Default Thanksgiving Menu

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:38:51 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>TonyP > typed:
>> Thanksgiving is comming up soon, what's your typical menu.
>>

>Smoked turkey. Brined in a citrus brine for a couple of days, then smoked on
>my Kamado.
>
>The rest of the menu is up to the rest of the family. After last year's
>award winning turkey, I get to smoke the turkeys from now on.
>
>BOB

Last year was the first time for us to smoke a turkey. Delicious.
We'll be doing that again this year. My brother and SIL from
Wilmington, DE are visiting us this year for Thanksgiving, and a few
friends will also be joining us. Besides the turkey, we'll be having:
Susan Hattie's goat cheese torta with crackers (appetizer)--always a
hit whenever I make it, jalapeno-cornbread dressing (made in the
crockpot), mashed taters, gravy, broccoli-cheese casserole,
lemon-tarragon green beans, twice-baked sweet taters, rolls, and
pumpkin and pecan pies.

Mary