Posted to uk.business.agriculture,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation
Jim Webster[_2_] Jim Webster[_2_] is offline

"pearl" > wrote in message
> "Jim Webster" > wrote in message
>>
>> next time qualify your statements, rather than making such far reaching
>> claims

> I didn't making a far reaching claim. You misunderstood.

I just read the words you wrote

>> So have you evidence for 2007 in the UK ?

> 2008. ... desperate for feed... and there's heap big trouble ..

no so you don't actually have any figures for 2007 then to back up your
claim

>> oh dear, protein crops are such things as rape, soya,

> Yes, we know.

so your claim was just sloppy wording on your part

> 'Europe is struggling to find enough vegetable protein to feed its
> livestock, causing feed prices to rise. The EU imports 80 per cent
> of its feed protein needs - mainly new traits of GM soya and corn. '
> ibid.
>
>> To his friend Candidianus*
>> A. D. 468
>>
>> [1] You congratulate me on my prolonged stay at Rome, though I note the
>> touch of irony, and your wit at my expense. You say you are glad your old
>> friend has at last seen the sun, since on the Saône his chances of |21 a
>> good look at it are few and far between. You abuse my misty Lyons,1 and
>> deplore the days so cloaked by morning fog that the full heat of noon can
>> scarcely unveil them. [2] Now does this nonsense fitly come from a native
>> of
>> that oven of a town Cesena? You have shown your real opinion of your
>> charming and convenient natal soil by leaving it. The midges of Po may
>> pierce your ears; the city frogs may croak and swarm on every side, but
>> you
>> know very well that you are better off in exile at Ravenna than at home.
>> In
>> that marsh of yours the laws of everything are always the wrong way
>> about;
>> the waters stand and the walls fall, the towers float and the ships stick
>> fast, the sick man walks and the doctor lies abed, the baths are chill
>> and
>> the houses blaze, the dead swim and the quick are dry, the powers are
>> asleep
>> and the thieves wide awake, the clergy live by usury and the Syrian
>> chants
>> the Psalms, business men turn soldiers and soldiers business men, old
>> fellows play ball and young fellows hazard, eunuchs take to arms and
>> rough
>> allies to letters.2 [3] And that is the kind of city you choose to settle
>> in, a place that may boast a territory but little solid ground. Be
>> kinder,
>> therefore, to Transalpines who never provoked you; their climate wins too
>> cheap a triumph if it shines only by comparison with such as yours.
>> Farewell.
>>
>> * Partly translated by Hodgkin, i. 860, and by Chaix, i. 273. Cf. Letter
>> V.

>> > Protein isn't significant? People and the environment? Jim?

>> if it is so significant why did you ignore it?

> That's the question *you* need to answer.

ah, you mean it is only me that is responsible?
Surely it is the responsibility of everyone who uses scarce resources,
everyone who lives in a house, has food transported to them, uses
electricity, internet

There is a sustainable level of population and production

http://tinyurl.com/2q8wg3

Jim Webster

Jim Webster