Posted to rec.food.cooking
Stan Horwitz Stan Horwitz is offline

Default My 2nd Ave. Deli review

In article
Sheldon > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Sheldon wrote:
> > >
> > > You shouda ordered a kasha k'nish,
> > > some kishka, and tried the chopped liver... and ate a hot dog w/kraut
> > > washed down with a cel-ray tonic while waiting for a zoftig tongue n'
> > > pastrami combo on club, and a plate of fries with a fresh bottle of
> > > Heinz. And no sour tomatoes, what kinda Jew Joint is that???

> > Pftthhggbbtt! No, he should have ordered what he wanted to eat -
> > and it looks like he did. :-) You want the knish and the kishka and
> > Dr. Brown's Cel-ray tonic, well, you should go and order it. :-)

> C'mon, Barb... even you know chicken is no yardstick by which to
> measure a restaurant... everything tastes like schicken! LOL

No single menu item could be a yard stick on which to measure a
restaurant, so I tend to agree with you. That's one of the reasons I
also ordered the kasha and the matzoh ball soup, both of which are
staples in a Jewish deli. It is also why I purchased their Kosher
salami, cucumber salad, and macaroni salad to go. The pickles and health
salad I ate at the 2nd Ave. Deli were also first rate. So was the food I
ate later that day at home.

That being said, I don't claim my review was comprehensive, because it
was clearly not.