Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,uk.environment.conservation,uk.business.agriculture
Jill[_6_] Jill[_6_] is offline

Julie wrote:

>> If livestock farming was stopped then the livestock would end. Then.
>> No-one would feed livestock for no reason.

> Yes we, society would.

But society is not prepared to pay for that, they are not prepared to pay
for what is needed to protect the countryside now, feeding some ancient
sheep is just not going to happen.

>>> The farmers wont let them breed.

>> The farmers would not keep them.

> Nothing new there then!

That answer does not answer the problem. There would be none to breed.

>>> No we haven't. We have managed to artificially boost many wildlife
>>> especially deer by the constant slaughtering of them. This causes
>>> them to breed at maximum rates and constantly. It throws the whole
>>> natural cycle out of synch. You might think we have a deer problem
>>> but I can assure you the shooters don't!

>> I suggest some reading into the subject.

> Great idea when will you start?

Been there, done that, and studied with some of the best in the country.

--

regards
Jill Bowis

Pure bred utility chickens and ducks
Housing; Equipment, Books, Videos, Gifts
Herbaceous; Herb and Alpine nursery
Working Holidays in Scotland
http://www.kintaline.co.uk