Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,uk.environment.conservation,uk.business.agriculture
Jette Jette is offline

Julie wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 17:43:46 GMT, Jette >
> wrote:
>
>> Rudy Canoza wrote:

>>> Organic farming virtually requires animal manure. But if "vegans"
>>> suppress animal husbandry, there won't be any manure. Kind of a
>>> paradox, eh?

>> And for those who claim to care about the animals, it seems callous to
>> want to slaughter all the livestock so that you can turn pasture over
>> to growing crops humans can eat.
>> Or were they planning to just let them just starve to death on the
>> land that was left?

> You just let them live their lives out and start afresh when that's
> done. Easy really, but that's why we need to act now.

NOT going to happen. You'd want to turn the land over to growing
crops ASAP. Meanwhile you'd have to make sure those animals were fed
and cared for and housed.

Where?

--
Jette Goldie

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
http://wolfette.livejournal.com/
("reply to" is spamblocked - use the email addy in sig)