Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,uk.environment.conservation,uk.business.agriculture
Jill[_6_] Jill[_6_] is offline

Julie wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 17:34:52 -0000, "Jill" >
> wrote:
>
>> Julie wrote:
>>>
>>> There will always be horses and other livestock. They just wont have
>>> to endure the suffering to feed fat faces like yours.

>> There might be horses, but there would be little else.
>> You do not breed if you do not cull.

> We'll have plenty of livestock for the next fifty years even if
> livestock farming was stopped.

If livestock farming was stopped then the livestock would end. Then.
No-one would feed livestock for no reason.

>> Otherwise the country would be overpopulated with starving sheep.

> The farmers wont let them breed.

The farmers would not keep them.

>> [we have already managed to do that to our deer population]

> No we haven't. We have managed to artificially boost many wildlife
> especially deer by the constant slaughtering of them. This causes them
> to breed at maximum rates and constantly. It throws the whole natural
> cycle out of synch. You might think we have a deer problem but I can
> assure you the shooters don't!

I suggest some reading into the subject.

--

regards
Jill Bowis

Pure bred utility chickens and ducks
Housing; Equipment, Books, Videos, Gifts
Herbaceous; Herb and Alpine nursery
Working Holidays in Scotland
http://www.kintaline.co.uk