Posted to rec.food.sourdough
TG[_3_] TG[_3_] is offline

Default Make any recipe sourdough?

Kenneth and Burney I think you forget this is a news group where
people are free to discuss their ideas. If you aren't willing to hear
what other people think about those ideas you probably shouldn't post.
Oh wait, it wasn't your ideas we were talking about was it? No, so
stop trying to be a mother hen. I am quite sure Dicky like me is quite
happy for Doug or anyone else to have fun making mud pies in their
kitchen if that's what they want. But if they try to tell people that
it's sourdough I think it's perfectly acceptable for someone to step
in and say 'hang on a minute...'

Or would you prefer this group to descend into anarchy where all
meaning in words has been so greyed out that nothing makes sense
anymore. It would end up being a load of old dears dribbling into
their knitting.

That may be your ambition Kenneth and Burney but not mine thanks very
much. (By the way as Dicky always says, there's always Yahoo's group
Sourdough if that is what you want.)

Jim

On 3 Mar, 22:36, Kenneth > wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 14:23:20 -0800, BH >
> wrote:
>

> >All that really matters, "Old Doug" is that you are enjoying the
> >experimenting. *And this one cost nothing more than a bit of
> >buttermilk past its pull date. *I'd call that cheap fun.

> >I hope you'll post the final results of this morning's sponge.

> >Burney, down south in WA

> Hi Burney,
>
> I agree completely. Far too often, it seems that folks want
> to advocate some sort of baking orthodoxy.
>
> Your comment about "cheap fun" seems exactly right to me.

> All the best,
> --
> Kenneth

If you email... Please remove the "SENSELESS."