Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking
Goomba38 Goomba38 is offline

Default LIAR Robert Irvine canned by Food Network; "Dinner: Impossible"chef lied about Princess Diana wedding cake

Anim8rFSK wrote:

>> Where has she "lied" on how she ever got it or discussed the FoodTV show
>> in particular? I know how she got the QVC show-she bought it herself
>> with her own hard earned money!
>> I laugh about her "tricks" as much as the next guy, but I'll give her
>> respect for her own hard work and accomplishments too.

> You do realize she's an incompetent joke, and we're laughing at her,
> don't you?

And I join in on the laughter for the most part...but what I am trying
to say is that after learning where she came from, how she worked her
self up (no help from a man in those early years) and found success on
her own with that curtain idea of hers (again, no man involved) my
admiration for her grew. It almost made sense her logic in using all
those packaged goods. She certainly doesn't need to continue to do so in
her own life (she can afford a well stocked pantry now!) but perhaps
she's just showing poor college students (as she was) how to put
together something other than fast food wrappers and survive?