Posted to rec.food.sourdough
BH BH is offline

Default Make any recipe sourdough?

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:22:24 GMT, Doug Irv > wrote:

>Dick Adams wrote:
>> "Doug Irv" > wrote in message ...
>>> I decided to ... instead of using filtered water ... use ...buttermilk.

>Hey Dicky and Jim...I already had a very viable starter before I did
>that. And two days later, and a couple more feedings, I still have. That
>was just an experiment to see what would happen, and as I said, the

great sourdoughs, one whole wheat/rye loaf that was exceptional. Gonna
>start a sponge this morning.
>Cheers, old Doug in BC

All that really matters, "Old Doug" is that you are enjoying the
experimenting. And this one cost nothing more than a bit of
buttermilk past its pull date. I'd call that cheap fun.

I hope you'll post the final results of this morning's sponge.

Burney, down south in WA

Burney dot Huff at Mindspring dot com