Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My 2nd Ave. Deli review

Stan Horwitz wrote:

<snipped>
>The waiter also gave me
> a small bowl of that Kosher fried chicken skins and onion dish who's
> name escapes me at the moment. I tried some, but I didn't like it; not
> much flavor other than grease and fried onion.

The chicken skins and onions are the result of rendering chicken fat.
They are called "gribbeness" better known as "cracklings" They are one
of the gifts I give myself when I render my own chicken fat. If the
rendering process is done properly, the gribbeness is not greasy.

Nice pix, Stan. Glad you enjoyed.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation