Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Doug Irv Doug Irv is offline

Default Make any recipe sourdough?

Dick Adams wrote:
> "Doug Irv" > wrote in message ...
>> I decided to ... instead of using filtered water ... use ...buttermilk.

Hey Dicky and Jim...I already had a very viable starter before I did
that. And two days later, and a couple more feedings, I still have. That
was just an experiment to see what would happen, and as I said, the
start doubled in a big hurry. That starter now has been fed three times
with unbleached white flour and filtered water, which is what I usually
do, and is still growing, bubbling away like gangbusters. When I stirred
it this morning the bubbles just became more numerous. Might add that
this starter is now a couple of months old and has been used for several
great sourdoughs, one whole wheat/rye loaf that was exceptional. Gonna
start a sponge this morning.
Cheers, old Doug in BC