Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi[_2_] Giusi[_2_] is offline

Default Fresh Pasta worth the trouble?

"Charlotte L. Blackmer" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> In article >,
>>Judith, is soft wheat flour the same as America's all-purpose flour or
>>is it cake flour? Or is it just *not* semolina?

> I'm not Judith, but I know that 00 wheat flour is different from both
> American all-purpose (which has a lot of "hard" wheat in it) and cake
> flour -
> more "gluteny" than cake flour.
> (Of course now I'm wondering if, say, a mix of King Arthur and White Lily
> would do the trick, but I can't get White Lily on my grocery shelves,
> either.
>
> Charlotte

Really, for making pasta and pizza don't bother. For decades before I moved
here I used plain all purpose flour and never had a single problem. For no
egg I used semolina with a bit of oil and that was no problem either.

Homemade egg pasta is mommy food here. No one goes to enormous trouble.
They spend much more time getting it rolled really thin and delicate than on
anything else. My neighbors tend to make it up when the eggs are over
plentiful or when tradition demands stuffed pastas.

--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com