Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking
Pennyaline Pennyaline is offline

Default LIAR Robert Irvine canned by Food Network; "Dinner: Impossible"chef lied about Princess Diana wedding cake

Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> "Janet Bostwick" > dropped this
> : in rec.food.cooking
>

>> I wish I was stupid like she is. . .her drive and ambition have made
>> her mega bucks.

> IMO she is just plain lazy and has no culinary talent (not that I do
> either). IMO she also got where she is by marrying into bucks so she
> could finance her desire to be in the spotlight. I don't consider that
> drive and ambition. Martha Stewart has drive and ambition. Rachel Ray
> (gag) has drive and ambition. IMO SL has nothing. I have to as myself if
> the wallet hadn't been around, where would she have been?

Oh no, Sandra Lee's not lazy. Culinarily talentless, yes. But she's
taken the things she does know and finagled them into megabucks --
admirably crafty. And if the viewing public is willing to accept her
doggie paddle as water ballet, it's money in the bank for her.

>> I really don't like her presentations or food, but I
>> have to respect her business sense. I mean. . .Kurtain Kraft?
>> Remember that?

> I don't know what Kurtan Kraft was. I can't recall ever hearing about it.

It's a set of plastic forms over and through which one may weave their
own fabric to make fabulous and fashionable window treatments on the cheap!

>> I believe that she is sincere in her belief that there
>> are many folks out there that do not have time for much and she is
>> showing them how to achieve a meal in less time.

> I respectfully disagree. I think her demographic audience is more of the
> kind of people that don't want to learn how to cook at all. RR has shows
> that will help people with time constraints. I don't like RR but her
> recipes put SL's to shame.

I agree with this but will add that the remainder of SL's target
demographic are people who believe that what she and they are doing
really is cooking.

>> Currently the Food
>> Network alone has at leat 3 shows based on that premise. None of them
>> appeal to me, but I would eat Sandra Lee's food before I would eat
>> anything from "Quick Fix Meals" with Robin Miller.

> I don't watch Robin Miller so I can't express an opinion on her show.

Hideous. Her show and her talents are straight out of the Ina Garten
mold, but with her own patronizing "You people need to be shown how to
do the simplest things" vibe.