Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] koko@letscook.com is offline

Default Fresh Pasta worth the trouble?

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:18:21 +0100, "Giusi" >
wrote:

snippage of conversation

>Lasagna in my neighborhood is thinnest sheets of egg pasta with lightest of
>tomato sauces and a sprinkling of cheese. Cooks vie to see whose can be the
>lightest not the most rib sticking.

One of my favorite restaurants is Cafe Mediterraneo.
http://kokoscorner.typepad.com/mycor..._to_bring.html

They have a lasagna like how you describe. I haven't had that yet but
my friend loves it. The sheets of pasta are sooooo thin and there's a
minimum amount of sauce. It's a vegetarian lasagna and they use a
bechamel rather than tomato sauce.
I keep meaning to order it but have fallen in love with the Tutto Mari
and the artichoke pizza. I'll try it next time.

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 2/24
"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw