Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default Make any recipe sourdough?

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:12:12 -0800 (PST), TG
> wrote:

>On 29 Feb, 15:04, Kenneth > wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:20:53 -0800 (PST), TG

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Though your "teaspoon" of starter approach will certainly
>> work,

>Yep, and that's all that matters.
>
>> matters are not quite a simple as you suggest.

>No shit.
>

>> That is because the proportion of starter to other
>> ingredients is a significant variable.

>What are you talking about Kenneth, are you seriously going to argue
>about unknowns, about hypothetical recipes? Kenneth you must rally
>need to feel clever about something. My advice was general as is your
>criticism. What ingredients are you talking about? What a load of
>hypothetical, meaningless waste of time.
>>
>> Also, what is your beef with Nancy Silverton?

>She's a nut. Not only does she suggest making buckets of starter from
>grapes, which is utterly pointless and counter productive if you want
>to make a sourdough starter, okay if you're stranded in the middle of
>nowhere and you need to make bread and all you have is grapes and
>flour, wait, oh yeah, you don't need the grapes. Not only that, she
>advocates eating it. You can't seriously tell people to get a big
>bucket of rotting flour and grapes and then eat it without some advice
>to the nuts daft enough to try.
>

>Jim

Hi Jim,

Her reputation speaks for itself, but I will mention that I
had an occasion to talk with Nancy Silverton a while ago.

She was obviously smart, and very knowledgeable, but more
than that, was extraordinarily generous with her time, and
her efforts to assist me.

Beyond that, I have no idea what set you off, but your
hostility is a far greater burden to you than it is to me.

All the best,
--
Kenneth