Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking
JohnBL JohnBL is offline

Default LIAR Robert Irvine canned by Food Network; "Dinner: Impossible"chef lied about Princess Diana wedding cake

On Mar 1, 7:31 am, "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
> Taylor > dropped this news:40ec324c-2ded-
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
> > Food Network Cans "Impossible" Chef
> > Posted Feb 29th 2008 1:55PM by TMZ Staff, NTVLand

> >http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/29/food-n...possible-chef/

> Not sure where I read it but apparently he has been in Florida spinning a
> tale of lies and possibly bilking investors out of a lot of money to
> allegedly open 2 new restaurants. Watched his show once. Didn't like it or
> him and never watched it again.
>
> Michael
>
> --
> "Ingredients as fresh as they were 27 years ago."
> -- Slogan of the Biscuitville restaurant.
>
> To email - michael at lonergan dot us dot com

I liked both him and his show. It was one of the few gimmick-
competition shows on Food Network that was both fun and, in its own
somewhat limited way, informative. At the time of the show's
premiere, some posters on this forum praised Food Network for hiring
an honest-to-goodness chef for once (ironic, I know).

He's got nobody but himself to blame for his downfall, of course. The
network had no choice but to fire him if they were to maintain any
semblance of credibility and integrity. A shame, but an appropriate
end result for a career built largely on lies.

What puzzles me now is what HAS this guy done? Does he have any chef
credentials at all or is his entire resume a fabrication? Pretty
amazing that he was able to land a network gig without some
confirmation of his past work record.

John L