Posted to rec.food.sourdough
TG[_3_] TG[_3_] is offline

Default Make any recipe sourdough?

On 29 Feb, 15:04, Kenneth > wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:20:53 -0800 (PST), TG

> Howdy,
>
> Though your "teaspoon" of starter approach will certainly
> work,

Yep, and that's all that matters.

> matters are not quite a simple as you suggest.

No shit.

> That is because the proportion of starter to other
> ingredients is a significant variable.

What are you talking about Kenneth, are you seriously going to argue
about unknowns, about hypothetical recipes? Kenneth you must rally
need to feel clever about something. My advice was general as is your
criticism. What ingredients are you talking about? What a load of
hypothetical, meaningless waste of time.

> Also, what is your beef with Nancy Silverton?

She's a nut. Not only does she suggest making buckets of starter from
grapes, which is utterly pointless and counter productive if you want
to make a sourdough starter, okay if you're stranded in the middle of
nowhere and you need to make bread and all you have is grapes and
flour, wait, oh yeah, you don't need the grapes. Not only that, she
advocates eating it. You can't seriously tell people to get a big
bucket of rotting flour and grapes and then eat it without some advice
to the nuts daft enough to try.

Jim