Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Similar disgusting acts more often than you think...

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> jmcquown wrote:
>

>> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
>>> So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
>>> your food...
>>>

>>> Diner finds hairs in ribeye; Cook accused of putting them there
>>>
>>> AP
>>>
>>> WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - A restaurant cook is out of a job and facing a
>>> felony charge after being accused of hiding hairs in a ribeye because
>>> a customer complained the first steak served to him was overcooked.
>>>

>> I fail to see why food not cooked to order upsets (allegedy) restaurant
>> cooks so much. It's their job to cook it, no matter how nit-picky or
>> bitchy
>> the customer may be. "Kropp admitted to police he put a few of his
>> facial
>> hairs on the steak, saying he was angry the customer sent the other steak
>> back and thought he was "just trying to get free stuff," according to the
>> complaint." Why should the cook care if the manager wants to give a
>> bitchy
>> customer a free meal?!

> 1. Cheating is cheating, and many people consider it a bad thing even if
> they're not directly financially involved. 2. I've worked in retailing,
> and I remember dealing with customers, which along with the pay is the
> worst part of it.
>
> --
> Blinky

You know I don't agree with stealing in any way, shape or form. But
according to the article the customer didn't even *want* the steak the
manager pushed on him. "Hansen declined an offer of a new steak, but
Liberatore persisted and
offered a new steak he could take home, the complaint said." Even so, the
cook was out of line; it's not his problem if someone is trying to get a
free meal. A saavy manager knows when they're being scammed.

Jill