Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Similar disgusting acts more often than you think...

On Feb 29, 9:18�am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
>
> ...> So you like to eat out and think no one pees, spits, honks lungers in
> > your food...

> > Diner finds hairs in ribeye; Cook accused of putting them there

> > AP

> > WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - A restaurant cook is out of a job and facing a
> > felony charge after being accused of hiding hairs in a ribeye because
> > a customer complained the first steak served to him was overcooked.

> I fail to see why food not cooked to order upsets (allegedy) restaurant
> cooks so much. �It's their job to cook it, no matter how nit-picky or bitchy
> the customer may be. �"Kropp admitted to police he put a few of his facial
> hairs on the steak, saying he was angry the customer sent the other steak
> back and thought he was "just trying to get free stuff," according to the
> complaint." �Why should the cook care if the manager wants to give a bitchy
> customer a free meal?!

Most cooks have to slave away for hours before earning the price of
that one steak dinner... most cooks are bitter... odds are every steak
you ever ate in a restaurant the cook and/or waitperson spit on, or
worse.

If yoose study the history of restaurant's being you'd learn that only
the poorest of the poor homeless nomadics, primarily criminals, ate at
roadside taverns. Those who were landed and had a home never ate
anything but from their own kitchen prepared by their own cook who
knew the penalty for fudging with the food was death... they didn't
even trust eating from their neighbor's kitchens. People who eat out
today veiw it as a sign of sucess... actually eating at restaurants is
the ultimate indication one is a low class ignoranus.