Posted to rec.food.sourdough
TG[_3_] TG[_3_] is offline

Default Make any recipe sourdough?

On 28 Feb, 17:57, " >
wrote:
> I have a nice starter and I was wondering how do I make any of my
> basic bread recipes sourdough? *Do I just sub out some flour and water
> and add the starter or what?

You don't need any formula, lol, from some numpty that obviously
hasn't got a clue. All you have to do is use the recipe that's been
given, leave out the yeast, and use some of the water and flour from
the recipe to feed a small bit of your starter, say a teaspoon, how
long all this takes depends on your starter, the temperature and how
big the bread in recipe is. How you build isn't important as long as
your starter is a regular starter and not one of those made by other
numpty authors such as Nancy Silverton. If you know how much water and
flour is in your starter then you can start from however much starter
you like or have. Again timing is up to you and your starter so keep
an eye on it. I regularly bake from just a teaspoon of starter into
four pounds of dough it takes up to about 24 hours but that can be
useful, this isn't rocket science so really anything will work within
reason. Though if you want to make a dough the same as in the recipe
then following someone's advice about substituting two cups of flour
for a measure of yeast, whatever that is, a cup? lol, you're in for
disappointment or two cups of spare dough at the end. lol