Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Brian Mailman[_1_] Brian Mailman[_1_] is offline

Default Make any recipe sourdough?

wrote:
> I have a nice starter and I was wondering how do I make any of my
> basic bread recipes sourdough? Do I just sub out some flour and
> water and add the starter or what?

Yes.

In Message-ID: >:

"I have been successful in converting conventional recipes to sourdough
by substituting the water and flour in this way:

Assume the recipe calls for one cup of water.

Replace the water by half that amount of starter (1/2 cup in this case)
plus half the amount (1/2 cup in this case of water).

Reduce the flour by half the amount (1/2 cup) of the water.

Omit the yeast."