Posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] bogdans@lns.mit.edu is offline

Default '05 Baudry Chinon: Slight change of subject to Loire 2005?

Hi

(been lurking for a while) thanks for the notes on the Chinon. I've
been hearing some v good things about the vintage and what's been
posted by people here seems to confirm that. Can't wait to try sme of
these.. I've been reading various reviews on the Loire 2005s and
noticed something curious: Ch de Hureau, whose Saumur-Champignys seem
very nice, does not get a mention by jacqueline Friederich nor for
that matter in the Wine Advocate, it is glowingly reviewed by Jancis
Robinson and Decanter. I have had a few bottles of their Fevettes
(2002?) which were rather nice, and wondered if people over here had
any of the 2005s? Is there some backstory to this ommission by JF and
WA? On a not unrelated note has anyone tasted any of the sweet 2005s
from Vouvray?

Thanks
bogan