Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Whip Egg Whites with Stick Blender

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 22:09:05 -0600, Hairy wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>I only have a regular stick blender - no whisk attachment. Can
>> it be used to whip egg white into stiff peaks for a souffle?
>>
>> I'm too much of a wimp to do it by hand.

> I've seen it done on TV, before. They had to keep dipping it in
> and out of the whites to pick up air.

That's pretty much all I was looking for: Somebody that can at
least say "I've seen it done". I figure if I just use a shallow
bowl I can run it through like a lawnmower to get air into the
mix. I was just worried about the sharp blades breaking the egg
cells, or something.

There are stick blenders that don't have blades, just stumps that
rotate. But I've never seen those in a home kitchen.

-sw