Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blinky the Shark Blinky the Shark is offline

Default Fry Daddy

Serene wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
> [Presto Multi-Cooker]
>
>> Hmmmmmmm. Read the full review from this user, about deep frying with it:
>>
>> http://www.epinions.com/review/Prest...nt_53607042692
>>
>> = http://tinyurl.com/2uke7u
>>
>> I wonder if it's just a Lawyer Thing, with Presto instructed to say all
>> that (and keep "deep frying" off the features list) so they can't be sued
>> if you burn yourself with hot oil.

> Eh. Probably. It's the same product, though, so caveat emptor and
> all. (Personally, I deep-fry so seldom that it's not a huge issue,
> but I wouldn't hesitate to use this product to do it. I don't see
> why hot sides are an issue -- my stovetop pans get hot when I
> deep-fry in them, too. I mean, *duh*, right?

Most of the Lawyer Things we see today really do boil down to "duh". I'm
sure it's not true, but the old story about the ceiling fan that came with
the safety tip "Do Not Throw Baby Into Fan" is funny/sad because it's
not *that* far from being a real Lawyer Thing.

On this topic: http://blinkynet.net/disc.html

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups