Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry[_1_] Terry[_1_] is offline

Default Fry Daddy

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 01:21:12 GMT, (Little
Malice) wrote:

>One time on Usenet, Blinky the Shark > said:
>
><snip>
>
>> About eight years after graduating from college, I returned for another
>> degree. I had a couple-three months to kill before starting in January,
>> so I went to work doing Christmas sales at J.C.Penney. I worked next to
>> the housewares department, and one day while I was covering for the gal
>> that was working there, so she could take a break, I was approached by a
>> woman who asked, "Do you have Fry Babies?" I answered, "Sure...what
>> size is your baby?" Deer-in-the-headlights look! But at least *I* got
>> kick out of me.

>You remind me of my father. A grocery clerk asked him if he needed
>help with his bag. He said "no, she can walk", and tipped a thumb at
>my stepmother. Now, he *is* a smartass but a very sweet guy and he was
>just kidding. But the clerk looked like he expected my stepmother to
>beat Dad with a stick.
>
>ObFood: Another of Dad's gags -- the "Rice in the Nose Trick"...

I worked as an electrician in a hospital. We get authorization before
working anywhere in the hospital, but we still run into the nurses on
the floors that have to know what we are doing there.

They usually come up and say........may I help you?

Sure! Grab that ladder and come on.