Default Facts we should *not* consider.

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:26:39 GMT, swamp > wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:40:46 GMT, wrote:
>
>>Facts that meat consumers want to disregard:
>>1.The meat industry provides life for the billions of animals who are
>> killed so we can eat them.

>Just out of curiosity, has anyone *ever* bought this argument, David?
>
>--swamp

I have mentioned it to quite a few people in face to face conversations,
and have *never* had anyone attach a bunch of extra junk to it about a
right to life for unconceived hypothetical potential future animals, like the
Gonad and some of his veg*n buddies do. They have always agreed that
raising animals for food provides billions of them with life, since it would
be absurd to disagree. As for whether or not providing them with life is
an acceptable trade off for taking it later, no one has ever had a problem
with it. There has certainly never been anyone who felt that we should
*disregard* that aspect of the situation, and when I tell people about the
ones who don't think of things realistically. No offence to you swamp,
and no offence was intended when I mentioned it before, but the
objections you presented to it were for the most part if not entirely
arguments that veg*ns would use. Some of them I suppose I would
agree with to some extent, and others I wouldn't. I've been wondering
ever since how many of them you agreed with and how many you
didn't, but we never got down to details like that so I still don't know
which are objections that you agree with and which are not. I might
still have a list of them if you'd care to go through it and say which you
go along with and which you don't.

When I mention this aspect of the situation to people in person, it
is met with a completely different reaction than it is in these ngs. Why
not try it yourself with a few people and see what their reaction is,
just out of curiosity. Please let me know how it turns out if you give it
a go. You could just tell them that some moron you've seen online is
going around saying that billions of animals are not simply "killed" as
"ARAs" want us to perceive the situation, but that those same billions
of animals only get any life at all because people raise them for food,
and see what their reaction is.