Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,sci.med.nutrition,rec.running,misc.fitness.weights
Rudy Canoza[_4_] Rudy Canoza[_4_] is offline

Default Why Vegan Instead of Just Vegetarian??

http://www.cast.uark.edu/local/icaes...onklin/abstrac
>> t.html

> In science the answers one gets is a function of the questions one asks.
> Tabove does not answer the question do chimps eat meat with grea relish,
> share it among themselves, produce tools to hunt animals, and hunt
> cooperatively.
>
> The above was asking about proportions of macro nutrients and seasonal
> feeding habits.

You have to understand something about lesley ("pearl",
except she's anything but.) She's a "vegan" crank.
She isn't interested in understanding the facts of
human diet. She's trying to advance a belief system
about what human diet "ought" to be, in her crank's
view, and to do that she has to ignore facts.

The facts a

1. Humans - homo sapiens sapiens - have always eaten
meat, for the entire 250,000 years the species has
existed.

2. Pre-human hominids ate meat throughout the 2.25 million
years from australopithecus afarensis to homo sapiens
sapiens.

3. Chimpanzees, our genetically closest ape relatives,
hunt throughout their range, and consume animal
protein in the form of mammal meat, insects, eggs and
birds throughout the year. They spend some time
acquiring and eating meat half the days of the year.

lesley ignores these facts, and the material she posts
does not dispute them; the material largely ignores
them. She tries to spin it as disputing or refuting
the facts, but it's *only* spin.