Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Fry Daddy

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> Terry wrote:
>> I am looking for a Fry Daddy with two things.
>> One is an autoshut off timer and the other is dishwasher safe.
>>
>> Anyone know of one?
>>
>> Thank you for your time

> I have never seen a Fry Daddy (the brand name) with either of those
> features. You plug the Fry Daddy in and it heats -- you unplug it and it
> stops. It is a simple container with the electrics built into the base
> and therefore cannot be submerged in water. You need some other brand
> snack fryer. However, most of the small sized ones within the Fry Daddy
> price range operate exactly the same as the Fry Daddy. To get a removable
> fry container and auto features you are going to have to spend around $60
> or more.
> Janet

There's been an appliance mentioned here a couple of times before, I can't
recall the brand. It's actually a multi-purpose appliance with deep frying
as one of the things it does. I can't remember who makes it, dammit! I
don't know about auto shut-off but you do have to turn it on and off (rather
than simply plug it and unplug it) and you can control the temperature,
unlike a Fry Daddy. Anyone remember the cooker thing I'm thinking of?

Jill